Students should fulfill the eligibility criteria and check the below links for Information Brochure and the PG admission website.
- Advertisement, click here.
- Information Brochure, click here.
- Placement Brochure, click here.
- PG Admission Website, click here.
- Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
The last date for submission of the online application, is April 11, 2022.
- Shortlisting Criteria click here.
The general eligibility guidelines for admission are: -
- Fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as per Institute norms.
- B.Tech./B.E. in Biomedical, Biotechnology, Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics and Communications, Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering,
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, and related sciences, OR
- M.B.B.S or B.D.S or B.Pharma or related disciplines
The entrance examination criteria for these shall be either NEET-PG, GPAT, NEET-AIIMS (INI-CET), NEET-MDS or any equivalent national examinations. In other disciplines, the requirement of a GATE score shall be as per institute norms.
Disclaimer:- The eligibility criteria are subjected to change as per the Institutional norms.
- Full-time students will get a monthly stipend as per the MHRD norms.
- Part-time students under the sponsored category are expected to have their own source of funding.
With the rapid increase in disease burden and associated healthcare costs in almost every country, there is an immediate need for large-scale investment in establishing quality education centers to train manpower for the biomedical industry. Without the trained manpower, required biomedical research and development can not succeed to bring consistent innovation in the development of cost-effective and reliable healthcare products. M.Tech. program in Biomedical Engineering is designed for students from engineering, sciences, medicine and allied disciplines to give training in frontier areas for solving the longstanding problems of healthcare technologies. As the course is highly multidisciplinary in nature, the students shall be provided with basic knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, clinical science, and engineering in the initial semester, and in the final semesters, they shall undertake research projects in their area of interest. While designing the curriculum, we have ensured that along with developing a strong base in biomedical engineering through well-designed multidisciplinary courses, the students get the opportunity to expand their creativity, independent thinking, and problem-solving aptitude via extensive laboratory exposure.
1. Government Organisations
AIIMS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences
DRDO – Defense Research and Development Organization
CSIR – Central Scientific Instruments Organization
NPL - National Physical Laboratory
NII - National Institute of Immunology
NIHFW - National Institute of Health and Family Welfare
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
The University of Texas at Austin
John Hopkins University, USA
University of Ulster, Ireland
University College London, UK
Prospects after the Degree
After the successful completion of the program, we envision that our graduates will have a variety of career options, including:
• Research & development personnel in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industry
• Evaluating new medical technologies for venture capital firms
• Initiating start-up companies in various areas of Biomedical Engineering
• Pursuing academic research and teaching in Biomedical Science & Engineering
• Hospitals, diagnostic labs, and other health care facilities
M.Tech. Programme Coordinator
Prof. Arnab Chanda
Student Placement Coordinator
Mr. Abhishek Soni